Career Opportunties with CUB
Outreach Coordinator (Full-time)
Reports To: Outreach Director
The Citizens Utility Board (CUB) is an Illinois utility watchdog organization created by the Illinois General Assembly to serve as a voice for residential and small business utility consumers. CUB strives for better service and lower utility rates for all Illinois residents. Our work ranges from challenging utility rate hike requests to fighting for better consumer protection
laws in Springfield, to helping individuals dispute unfair bills.
We are currently seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with excellent communication skills to help us manage CUB’s outreach schedule and carry out our strategic vision for promoting consumer engagement before, during, and after in-person events.
• Develop an understanding of CUB's issues and goals;
• Handles scheduling and logistics for all CUB outreach activities including:
- Utility-bill checkups
- Tabling events (fairs, festivals, expos)
• Serves as a CUB representative at speaking engagements and other events;
• Screens requests for CUB to appear at community events and handles necessary
• Help design and implement tests to improve outreach, fundraising, communications, and capacity-building efforts;
• Researches and secures venues for events;
• Develops an outreach plan for publicizing events, including mailings, emails, and
• Ensures that needed materials are available or ordered;
• Reports on event metrics such as attendance, how event was advertised, and estimated consumer savings;
• Assists with set-up and clean-up, before and after events;
• Assists with sign-in and crowd control at events;
• ...And other duties as needed.
You should have:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to self-start and work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• The ability to connect with a wide range of people.
• A passion for helping others.
Valid driver’s license
Flexibility to thrive in a collaborative, team environment
Willingness to travel throughout Illinois
**Salaried position with excellent benefits**
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Citizens Utility Board
No phone calls please.