Career Opportunties with CUB
Data Analytics and Policy Specialist (Full-time)
Reports To: Policy Director
The Citizens Utility Board (CUB) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit statewide utility watchdog organization created to serve as a voice for residential and small business utility consumers. We are expanding our policy and data analytics team and are currently seeking an energetic and detail-oriented person to carry out CUB's strategic vision.
The Data Analytics and Policy Specialist will use his or her quantitative and big data skills to maximize CUB's policy, outreach, advocacy, fundraising, communications, and regulatory efforts.
• Develop an understanding of CUB's issues and goals;
• Coordinate with other departments to promote CUB's activities through data analytics and quantitative analysis;
• Assist Outreach team to ensure that consumer data collected in the field is standardized and retained in optimal fashion for analysis;
• Develop policy expertise on energy and telecom issues and make recommendations on best options;
• Help design and implement tests to improve outreach, fundraising, communications, and capacity-building efforts;
• Work with expert consultants on formulating testimony in cases before the Illinois Commerce Commission.
• ...And other duties as needed.
You must have:
• Exceptional written, quantitative, and verbal communication skills;
• Great attention to detail;
• Ability to self start and work with minimal supervision;
• Familiarity with data analytics and results-based marketing or outreach;
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce reports
• Ability to design, update and distribute reports
• Experience in setting goals and tracking progress
• Experience pulling segmented and targeted lists
• Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Flexibility to thrive in a collaborative, team environment
Nice to have:
• At least one cycle on a political campaign, preferably on a data team
• Experience using VAN
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with CRM platforms
• Experience with SPSS, SAS or other statistical analytics software
• Experience in energy and/or telecom issues
**Salaried position with excellent benefits**
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Citizens Utility Board
Citizens Utility Board
No phone calls please.