Career Opportunties with CUB
Consumer Rights Counselor & Outreach Associate – BILINGUAL
: Consumer Advocacy Director
• Develop knowledge of complex utility regulations, policies and procedures and apply this knowledge to assist consumers in exercising their rights as ratepayers;
• Respond to Spanish-speaking and non-Spanish speaking consumers who have questions or complaints about their utility rates or service. Complaints are received by phone, fax, email, and walk-ins;
• Act as liaison between utility companies and both Spanish-speaking and non-Spanish speaking customers who have complaints about their rates or services (i.e., negotiating payment arrangements and resolving other billing and service problems);
• Refer consumers to other social service organizations, state agencies or legal assistance as needed;
• Conduct follow-ups, by phone and by mail, with consumers to track progress of complaint resolution and provide additional information or mediation, if needed;
• Represent the organization at in-person outreach events in the field.
You should have:
• Very strong commitment to public interest work.
• Patience, compassion and a proven work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and Spanish.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Social service/volunteer work experience preferred.
• Familiarity with MS Office.
• Willingness to travel throughout Illinois.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work evening or weekend outreach events on occasion.
**Salaried position with excellent benefits**
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Citizens Utility Board
No phone calls please.