Exciting news: A generous, longtime CUB member, who wishes to remain anonymous, has offered to donate $1,000 TODAY to match your contribution. So today your year-end, tax-deductible contribution can be twice as powerful!
Why is he being so generous? He told us in an email: “With profit-mongering big energy companies threatening to cost consumers billions more next year and beyond, we can’t afford to let them go unchallenged. When we support CUB, we help ourselves.”
Join for 2019, and your support will immediately go to fight these urgent battles:
- Giant out-of-state fossil-fuel generators want to interfere with Illinois’ clean energy policy and raise bills for ComEd customers and others across the region by up to $8 billion a year;
- Nicor Gas wants a $230 million rate hike, the largest gas request CUB’s ever seen;
- The price tag for Peoples Gas’ mismanaged pipe program could skyrocket to $11 billion and spark a heating-affordability crisis;
- Ameren and ComEd will announce early in 2019 whether they will ask for rate hikes. If they do, we’ll fight every penny they can’t justify;
- People constantly complain about frustrating run-ins with their utilities, or about door-to-door scam artists that have raised energy bills by a half-a-billion dollars in recent years. We’ll fight for all Illinois consumers!
We appreciate you and we need you in 2019! P.S. If you’ve already joined for 2019 (by donating on or after Nov. 20), thank you! We appreciate your generosity. During this busy period, it may take time to update our records.