Choosing Another Supplier
- CUB Power Calculator
- Electric Competition: What ComEd Customers Should Know (Note: See a list of alternative supplier offers in “CUB’s Guide to Avoiding Electric Rip-offs,” for ComEd customers.)
- Electric Competition: What Ameren Customers Should Know (Note: See a list of alternative supplier offers in “CUB’s Guide to Avoiding Electric Rip-offs,” for Ameren customers.)
- Community Aggregation of Electricity
- CUB’s Guide to Renewable Energy Plans
- What is the Utility of the Future?
Understanding Your Bill
Alternative Pricing Plans
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bills?
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Administered by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, LIHEAP is designed to help eligible low-income households pay for winter energy service.
Warm Neighbors Cool Friends. This Energy Assistance Foundation program provides year-round energy bill payment assistance and home weatherization to make harsh winters and hot summers bearable for families in need. Eligible households can receive up to $700 a year to help pay for energy costs ($350 during the heating season and $350 during the cooling season.)
Ameren Payment Assistance. Ameren Illinois offers several forms of financial assistance, including short-term, one-time payment extensions and fixed monthly payment agreements to settle past balances.