Chicago Bungalow Association's Energy Savers Grant
About the Energy Savers Grant
This grant provides weatherization services to certified bungalow owners in the City of Chicago.
Weatherization services may include:
• Sealing leaks and gaps in the attic, basement and sidewalls;
• Attic insulation;
• Weather stripping around windows and doors.
To qualify for the Energy Savers Grant:
• Your household income must be at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI). Please refer to the chart to the right for more details. (No income verification documents are required.)
• Your house must be a vintage family home built more than 50 years ago.
• The house must be occupied by the owner and located in the City of Chicago.
• You cannot have previously received a grant from the CBA.
Note: If your application is preliminarily approved, a participating weatherization contractor will contact you to schedule an energy assessment of your bungalow. The Chicago Bungalow Association is concerned about your health and safety. If health and safety issues are discovered during the assessment, they may ask that you resolve the issues before work can be done.
The Energy Savers Grant is available for a limited time only and on a first-come, first-served basis.
For any questions and/or concerns, please contact Emily Wallrath Schmidt, Preservation Program Manager: email@example.com or visit www.chicagobungalow.org.