Peoples Gas Natural Gas Savings Program
Home Energy Assessment
Owners of single-family homes, two-flats and individually-metered condos, apartments and townhomes can reduce their energy and water use with free installation of the following products. Renters are also eligible, with permission from their landlord.
- Programmable Thermostats
- WaterSense® Certified Showerheads
- Pipe Insulation
- Smart power strips
- High-efficiency faucet aerators
- ENERGY STAR® certified LEDs and select Smart Thermostats are now available for purchase at a discount and include FREE installation.
Call 1-844-367-5867 to get started.
Home Energy Rebate Program
Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas customers who are owners of single-family homes, two-flats and individually-metered condos, apartments and town homes can get rebates on a wide range of energy-saving improvements to their homes.
- New equipment must be installed and old equipment removed.
- Only new products that meet or exceed the standards listed on the application form qualify for a rebate.
Rebate Program Requirements:
- Program dates: January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. (Note: These programs align with the calendar year. CUB doesn’t know yet if the 2019 programs are going to be exactly the same as the 2018 programs or not.)
- Applications must be received within 30 days of installation date to be eligible
- Eligible products must be purchased through professional contractors, in accordance with manufacturer specifications and state and local codes
|Product||Efficiency Level||Incentive Amount|
|Steam Boiler||82.5% AFUE or greater||$150|
|Hot Water Boiler||88% AFUE or greater||$450|
|Boiler + integrated domestic hot water two-in-one unit||N/A||$600|
|Furnace||95% AFUE or greater||$200|
|Water Heater-Tankless||Power vented EF .82 or better||$150|
|Water Heater-Indirect||88% AFUE or greater||$150|
|Programmable Thermostat||Must be self-installed||$20|
|Air Sealing||Must be installed by approved weatherization contractor. (http://www.peoplesgasdelivery.com/home/pdf/rebates_residential_comed.pdf)||40 cents/CFM Reduction (capped at $400)|
|Wall Insulation||Applies to exterior or above grade foundation wall (Must be bundled with air sealing and installed by an approved weatherization contractor)||50 cents/square foot (capped at $400)|
|Attic Insulation||Existing insulation must be R11 or less and installed insulation must be R49 or greater (Must be bundled with air sealing and installed by an approved weatherization contractor)||30 cents per square foot, up to $300 for each project|
|Duct Sealing||Must be installed by an approved weatherization contractor||$2/CFM reduction capped at $500|
Illinois Energy Efficiency Loan Program
Eligible Peoples and North Shore Gas customers can receive a low-interest loan to purchase a high-efficiency furnace and then make monthly installment payments on their gas bill. A loan through the Illinois Energy Efficiency Loan Program can be paired with a rebate for a qualifying furnace.
Who can apply?
Residential customers of Peoples or North Shore Gas who own a:
- Single-family home;
- Condo; or
- Multi-family building with no more than four units.
What are the loan details?
- No down payment required
- Loans of $500 to $20,000
- 4.99 percent fixed rate interest
- Terms of 3, 5 or 10 years
For more information or to apply, visit.
Multi-Family Home Energy Savings Program
Building managers and owners can get incentives to make energy efficient upgrades to apartment and condo buildings through the Multi-Family Comprehensive Energy Efficiency Program — a partnership between Peoples/North Shore Gas and ComEd.
Under the program, trained technicians would:
- Conduct free energy assessments
- Install free energy saving products
- Provide discounted services and project rebates
To get started, call 1-855-849-8928 to schedule an appointment for a free energy assessment and installation of free energy-saving products.
If you have any additional questions about these programs, please call CUB, 1-800-669-5556, and ask for Christina Uzzo, environmental outreach coordinator. CUB works hard to maintain the accuracy and timeliness of this information, but programs often change and/or run out of money. CUB is not responsible for the administration of any of the programs described in this fact sheet. If you are having trouble applying for or receiving benefits from any of the programs described above, please contact the administrator of that program. Please notify CUB if you find any inaccuracies.