NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Citizens Utility Board (CUB), a membership-based organization and one of Illinois’ premier consumer groups, has an opening for a full-time Digital Communications Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of developing e-newsletter campaigns to fight utility rate hikes, educate consumers about clean energy, protect consumers from energy rip-offs and advocate for consumer-friendly ways to fight climate change.
Why people like to work at CUB:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Vacation, PTO and sick time.
- Extra week of vacation for all staff, Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.
- Hands-on experience at a respected, hard-working nonprofit once praised by The St. Louis Post-Dispatch as the “gold standard” of consumer groups nationwide.
What you’ll be doing at CUB:
- Managing the technical aspects of CUB’s e-newsletters using Salsa Engage to build gripping, visually-pleasing emails that target appropriate audiences and build membership loyalty.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining digital media strategies that align with CUB’s brand, support CUB’s goals and include special promotions to grow CUB’s e-newsletter audience, encourage participation and move people up the ladder of engagement.
- Showing a flair for graphic design and applying solid writing skills to help the CUB team create powerful, informative content (posts, videos, photos, etc.) for e-newsletters, social media platforms, the website, blog and staff presentations.
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities by monitoring best practices, and measuring the effectiveness of digital media campaigns using all reporting/analytical tools available.
- Monitoring and gathering social media and email metrics for grant purposes.
- Providing general assistance to CUB’s Communications Department, as needed.
What we need from you at CUB:
- Commitment and passion for public interest work.
- Experience in marketing automation software and cloud-based, constituent-relationship management tools, including Salsa Engage and Salesforce.
- Basic knowledge of content-management systems, preferably WordPress.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator).
- Strong writing and proofreading skills and intense attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills (experience with Google Analytics a plus) to learn what makes content and online campaigns successful, and then build upon it.
- Strategic and creative thinker with a solid grasp of digital outreach, and with the energy and enthusiasm required to identify emerging trends, brainstorm fresh ideas and tap into new technologies.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, English, related field or equivalent experience.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Jim Chilsen, Director of Communications
Citizens Utility Board (CUB)
309 W. Washington St., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
*Note: CUB is currently working remotely, but once we return to the office, the applicant should be
prepared to do so on a full-time basis.