CUB's Guide Catalog
CUB regularly releases publications that help consumers navigate their utility service. This catalog lists all of our guides and provides you with easy links to access them. All of CUB’s guides are available as printer-friendly PDFs.
- NEW: CUB’s Statewide Better Heat Guide: Steps to a Cheaper, Cleaner Way to Heat Our Homes in Illinois
CUB’s Better Heat guide was made for Illinois residents who want to explore switching their heat from gas to electricity.
- NEW: CUB’s Guide to Solar
This first-ever CUB guide helps consumers learn more about and navigate their solar energy options in the state of Illinois.
- NEW: Internet Privacy: A Guide to Protecting Yourself Online
This newly updated guide provides everyday tips you can employ to protect your privacy and your money on the Internet.
- Enviroscaping 101: How Landscaping Can Save You Money And Help Your Community
This new mini guide helps homeowners consider how enviroscaping, or using landscaping to benefit their home’s local environment, can be a worthwhile investment for their home and neighborhood.
- Electric Utility Performance: A State-By-State Data Review, Second Edition
This guide examines how all 50 states (& the District of Columbia) rank on three key customer priorities: electric affordability, reliability and environmental responsibility.
- CUB’s Better Heat Guide: Steps to a Cheaper, Cleaner Way to Heat Our Homes in Chicago
CUB’s Better Heat guide was made for Chicago residents who want to explore switching their heat from gas to electricity.
- CUB’s Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act (en Español)
This guide explains how Illinois consumers can take advantage of all the money-saving energy provisions in the federal Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
- CUB’s Electric Vehicle Buyer’s Handbook
CUB’s EV handbook is filled with shopping tips and details about the key questions you need to ask when considering an electric vehicle.
- CUB’s Guide to Cutting Your TV Costs (Our Cable Guide)
This guide is designed to help you understand how to lower your cable bill, and determine what your entertainment options are in the age of streaming.
- CUB’s Guide to Fighting Robocalls
Order this guide to learn about recent robocall scams, how to prevent unwanted calls and what to do if you accidentally answer a robocall.
- A Renter’s Utility Guide: Go Green, Cut Costs and Learn Your Rights (en Español)
This publication is filled with tips on saving energy and info on solar and other green programs for renters, and it lists the details to consider when you’re setting up utility service. Don’t forget: renters have utility rights, too!
- Guide to Phone Choices (en Español)
This guide lays out each of your phone options—wireless, VoIP and landline phone service. Chapters are divided into sections on phone equipment (the device you use to call) and general tips about shopping for plans.
- Gas and Electric Guide: A Handbook for Residential Gas and Electric Customers in Illinois
This guide is the result of years of research and writing by CUB staffers who have become experts on state regulations and utility tariffs. From applying for utility service to disconnection of service, this guide offers an in-depth overview of gas and electric utilities in Illinois.
- CUB’s Cellphone Guide
This guide gives you the latest information about the wireless market and general pricing information, including how to find the right plan for you and tips to reduce your bill.
- The ABCs of EVs series: CUB’s guides on electric vehicles and transportation electrification
This three-part series describes regulatory considerations and policies to support transportation electrification and discusses ways to quickly and efficiently bring TE benefits to the communities that need them most.
- CUB’s Guide to Going Green
Energy efficiency is good for climate change and your bottom line. In this guide, we lay out our recommendations for making your home more environmentally friendly while lowering your bills.
Sign up for Email Alerts
Sign up for Email Alerts