Learn about your power bill, alternative pricing plans, and electric competition in Illinois. (For more tips and information, please visit our Clean Energy page.)
Current Electric Prices October 2019 through May 2020
7.175 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh)
4.707 cents per kWh for the first 800 kWh of usage; 4.468 cents per kWh for usage above 800 kWh
Choosing Another Supplier
- CUB Power Calculator
- CUB Facts on Alternative Electric Suppliers (ComEd customers) Note: List of alternative supplier offers in ComEd territory.
- CUB Facts on Alternative Electric Suppliers (Ameren customers) Note: List of alternative supplier offers in Ameren territory.
- Community Aggregation of Electricity
- CUB’s Guide to Renewable Energy Plans
- What is the Utility of the Future?
- The HEAT Act: a breakdown
Understanding Your Bill
Alternative Pricing Plans
General Efficiency Tips and Incentives
The Smart Grid
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bills?
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Administered by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, LIHEAP is designed to help eligible low-income households pay for winter energy service.
Warm Neighbors Cool Friends. This Energy Assistance Foundation program provides year-round energy bill payment assistance and home weatherization to make harsh winters and hot summers bearable for families in need. Eligible households can receive up to $700 a year to help pay for energy costs ($350 during the heating season and $350 during the cooling season.)
Ameren Payment Assistance. Ameren Illinois offers several forms of financial assistance, including short-term, one-time payment extensions and fixed monthly payment agreements to settle past balances.