CUB’s working overtime in November, because we owe it to you to try to make history in Springfield.
Here’s an update:
- This week, the General Assembly could vote on major energy legislation in the Veto Session.
- The legislation has historic energy efficiency standards to reduce electricity waste by more than 20% and spark at least $4 billion in lower power bills.
- The Natural Resources Defense Council estimates the bill would yield $3 in consumer savings for every dollar spent.
Here’s the problem:
Some big energy interests are working overtime to KILL these efficiency benefits–and they could win. (They hate efficiency because it eats into their bottom lines.)
Here’s what YOU can do:
CUB urges everyone to take these 3 actions. Let’s make Illinois a national leader in money-saving efficiency benefits.
1) Send a message to your legislators. (We’ve sent thousands of messages, but if you haven’t taken action you should now!)
2) Call your State Sen + Rep! Click here to find them.
Script: “My name’s _____ and I’m a voter in your district. I’m calling to ask that Sen/Rep ____ push for strong energy efficiency standards for ALL of Illinois in any energy legislation in Springfield. Efficiency is crucial to lowering utility bills for seniors, families and businesses.”
3) Call the Governor:
Script: “My name’s _____ and I’m an Illinois voter. I’m calling to ask that Gov. Rauner push for strong energy efficiency standards for ALL of Illinois in any energy legislation in Springfield. Efficiency is crucial to lowering utility bills for seniors, families and businesses.”