Elgin Virtual Utility Bill Clinic
Citizens Utility Board (CUB) and State Representative Anna Moeller are hosting a free online event to advise consumers on reducing electric, gas, and both landline and cell phone bills. Each participant will speak one-on-one with a CUB counselor to discuss their bills in a private and secure video call.
Registration is required for this event. You will select a time slot for your one-on-one meeting with a CUB representative. Details for your private video call will be provided prior to your scheduled meeting.
We request that participants provide current copies of gas, electric, and telephone bills for CUB to review prior to their scheduled appointment.
At CUB’s clinic, you will receive information on:
- Spotting unnecessary charges on natural gas, electric, and phone bills.
- Energy efficiency programs and rebates that can help lower your utility bills.
- Decoding your gas and electric bill, spotting errors, and avoiding scams.
- Your options when it comes to phone, TV, and internet.
- Utility rates, and making the right choices in the electric and gas markets.