Don’t let rate hikes—and April showers—put a damper on your spring.
With a, you’ll receive a special CUB umbrella (emblazoned with the CUB bear) to protect yourself from higher rates—and pesky thunderstorms. It’s a great way to ring in spring—and support CUB!
Your donation will help us fight the big utility companies on more than $1 billion in rate-hike battles, including:
- Appealing $436 million in Ameren/ComEd electric rate hikes.
- Fighting a legislative plan by Exelon to add an electric surcharge that would increase Ameren and ComEd power bills by an estimated $300 million a year.
- Challenging a $53 million gas rate-hike request by Ameren Illinois.
- Appealing Peoples Gas/North Shore rate hikes totaling $74.6 million.
- Fighting an AT&T/Frontier deregulation plan to rid Illinois of low-cost home phone service.
CUB’s advocacy and outreach staff will also benefit from your generosity. Our small dedicated team will be able to host more money-saving events in 2015, field a larger number of complaints and help consumers better understand their rights.
So–and keep the utilities from raining on your parade. Don’t forget to tell all your friends, too!