It’s CUB’s mission to help people—and that means speaking up during difficult times like this. CUB will never stop fighting for lower bills and stronger consumer protections, and as consumer advocates we also must fight the racism and injustice that harms the Black community. CUB staffers are protesting peacefully, donating and continually asking the question: How can I help? (We’re also talking as a staff to see what more we can do to be a source of positive action.) Our condolences to the family of George Floyd and all victims of police brutality. We wish for everyone what we wish for our own families right now: Health, safety, peace—and justice.
Please use these resources and take action.
- Resources, ways to donate: How you can take action from home after the death of George Floyd
- How to Practice Allyship & Solidarity Without Doing Harm
- Here Are 10 Actions You Can Take To Promote Racial Justice In The Workplace
- Here’s Where You Can Donate to Help Protests Against Police Brutality
- 5 more ways to channel anger into action to fight racism
Thanks! If you have questions or ideas, please email Director of Communications Jim Chilsen: firstname.lastname@example.org