North Shore Gas Efficiency Programs
Home Energy Jumpstart Program
Owners of single-family homes, two-flats and individually-metered condos and townhomes are eligible to receive energy- and water-efficient products. The program also offers free installation. Renters are eligible with permission from their landlord. Call 1-855-849-8928 or go online to get started.
You may receive:
- Programmable Thermostat
- WaterSense Certified Showerhead
- Pipe insulation
- WaterSense certified faucet aerators
- ENERGY STAR certified LEDs
- Select smart thermostats are available at a discount
Building managers and owners can get incentives to make energy efficient upgrades to apartment and condo buildings. Due to a high volume of applications for the multi-family program, new project applications submitted after September 1, 2021 will be placed on a waitlist. When funds become available,
projects will qualify on a first-come, first-served basis.
Under the program, trained technicians would:
- Conduct free energy assessments
- Install free energy saving products
- Provide discounted services and project rebates
Call 1-855-849-8928 or go online to schedule an appointment.
Home Energy Rebate Program
- You will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt and/or an invoice showing the manufacturer, model number and price of the qualifying product purchased.
- All rebate requests must be submitted by December 31.
|Product||Efficiency Level||Rebate Amount|
|Steam boiler||82.5% AFUE or great||$150|
|Hot water boiler||88% AFUE or greater||$350|
|Boiler + integrated domestic hot water two-in-one unit||N/A||$500|
|Natural gas furnace||95% AFUE or greater||$200|
|Water heater-tankless||Power vented EF .82 or better||$150|
|Water heater-indirect||88% AFUE or greater||$150|
|Air sealing||Must be installed by approved weatherization contractor||Up to $400
|Wall insulation||Applies to exterior or above grade foundation wall (Must be bundled with air sealing, installed by approved contractor)||Up to $400
|Attic insulation||Existing insulation must be R0 to R14 and installed insulation must be R49 or greater (Must be bundled with air sealing, installed by approved contractor)||Up to $300
|Duct sealing||Must be installed by an approved contractor||Up to $400|