Beware of Bad Deals in the Illinois Electricity Market
A new state report shows that Illinois consumers with alternative electric suppliers have lost more than $1 billion since 2015. Read our WatchBlog about the report and our news release, and sign our petition urging state officials to aggressively enforce the law. See below for good info and tips on how to avoid rip-offs and cut your electric bills.
Current Utility Electric Prices: June 2020 through September 2020
Compare these prices to any alternative supplier offer.
6.473 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) (Note: This is written on your bill as 0.06473)
4.396 cents per kWh (Note: This is written on your bill as 0.04396)
How to avoid Rip-offs
- CUB Facts on Alternative Electric Suppliers (ComEd customers) Note: List of alternative supplier offers in ComEd territory.
- CUB Facts on Alternative Electric Suppliers (Ameren customers) Note: List of alternative supplier offers in Ameren territory.
- Community Aggregation of Electricity
- CUB’s Guide to Renewable Energy Plans
- The HEAT Act: a breakdown
- Where do I look on my electric bill to see if I’m with an alternative supplier? A video for customers and a video for customers.
Energy Efficiency is the Most Reliable Way to Cut Your Power Bill
- ComEd Energy Efficiency Programs
- Ameren Illinois Savings
- How to Choose Energy Efficient Lighting
- Smart Thermostats
- Order our free Guide to Home Energy Savings
- The Facts on Energy Reports
- Home Energy Audits
- Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program
- Chicago Bungalow Association Energy Savers
- Federal/State Incentives