Happy August, everyone; it’s time for our monthly roundup of upcoming CUB events designed to help you learn more about consumer protections and ways to save on your utility bills.
Check out our list of events to see which one catches your eye—including a summer series of money-saving webinars culminating in an opportunity to get a free utility-bill analysis in early September. We hope to see you there!
CUB Summer Series
This month we are bringing you our CUB Summer Series. In this series, we’ll cover ways to cut down on your energy and telecom bills, give you details on how to take advantage of solar energy and other clean energy topics important to your bottom line with events in English and Spanish. Participants will have the chance to win a $25 gift card by registering for any Summer Series event!
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m., lunes, 2 de Agosto: Opciones para elegir un plan telefónico
- Con tantas opciones en telefonía, cada vez es más difícil saber cuál es el mejor plan. Además de complejas, pueden ser muy costosas. Si estás pagando demasiado por tu plan de teléfono de casa o celular, no te puedes perder esta presentación. Regístrate aquí.
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m., Thursday, August 12: Home energy savings
- Join CUB staff for a series of webinars focused on energy efficiency, savings, and solar. In this event, learn about the latest tips and tricks for saving money and energy in the home. Register here.
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m., lunes, 16 de agosto: Ahorrar energia
- Ahorrar energía no necesariamente tiene que costar más dinero. CUB te dice cómo puedes ahorrar energía y cómo ahorrar en tus recibos. Regístrate aquí.
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 17: Energy bills and going solar
- Join CUB staff for a webinar focusing on pending energy legislation and all things solar. Learn about state and federal solar incentives and different options for going solar. Register here.
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 25: Telecom
- In part three of the CUB Summer Series, staff will cover ways to save on your telecom bills. Learn how to cut your cable costs, and explore options when it comes to your phone and internet. Register here.
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Thursday, September 2: VUBC
- CUB is hosting a free virtual utility bill clinic to advise consumers on reducing electric, gas, and both landline and cell phone bills. Each participant will speak one-on-one with a CUB counselor to discuss their bills in a private and secure video call. Spanish translators are available. Register for a one-on-one consultation here.
2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 10: Accessing utility assistance, avoiding scams and staying cool with CUB
Join CUB and state Sen. Sara Feigenholtz for a webinar focusing on saving money, making your home more comfortable, and energy assistance programs. Register here.
2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Thursday, August 12: Home energy savings and policy webinar
Join CUB and state Rep. Katie Stuart for a free webinar designed to save you money and make your home more comfortable! Register here.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m., Monday, August 16: Understanding your cable options
State Sen. Laura Ellman and CUB will discuss your cable options in Illinois. Learn about your choices in the TV market; ways to cut your cable costs; alternatives to satellite or cable; and how to consider if it’s time to get rid of your cable. This workshop will be hosted live on Senator Ellman’s Facebook page.
And remember: Every Friday at 11 a.m. we host Coffee with CUB to answer your utility questions. Join us by visiting our Facebook page and watch via Facebook Live. We also host a Spanish-language version, Cafecito con CUB, on Tuesdays at 2 p.m.