We have some great news today. A longtime CUB supporter has offered to match all donations! That’s right: anything you donate will be doubled today only.
This couldn’t have come at a more crucial time. The utility parent companies have already raked in more than $8 billion in 2014 profits, and they’re gunning for more than $800 million in higher Illinois rates.
Take a look at these key battles we’re facing:
- $270 million ComEd rate hike
- $205 million Ameren rate hike
- $200 million Nicor Gas refund
- $107 million Peoples/North Shore Gas rate hike
- $63.6 million in rate hike appeals
We’re fighting the best we can, but our tiny legal team needs your help. Please consider donating. Your support today will be twice as powerful and will help us take down the big utilities that are trying to drive up your rates.